RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PARENTS
The responsibilities of the Club can only be met by parents participation. Parents are expected to contribute to the overall operation of the club in the following areas:
- REGISTRATION FEES, as set by the club, are payable upon registration. These may be paid by installment (postdated cheques, first payment of 50% paid prior to skater stepping on the ice, final payment no later then January 1st). Families with 2 or more registered skaters receive 10% off total club fee if full payment is received by October 31st. A $50 discount per Gold test level achieved is applied at registration. There are separate registrations for Spring and Summer schools. (A $100 charge will be applied to any NSF cheques.
- OPERATION AND ADMINISTRATION is managed by a Club Executive composed of parents. In addition, there are various committees that handle the details and work of club operations.)
- SAFETY. Every effort is made to ensure the safety of our skaters. Please make it a responsibility to pick up children immediately following sessions.
- BLOCK SYSTEM/. Is a commitment to doing a pre-set amount of fundraising and volunteer tasks based on the number of hours your child skates (more hours on ice, more fundraising commitment). Parents can choose from various fundraising and volunteering blocks, or buy out their blocks at $100 per block.
- FUNDRAISING. Compulsory fundraising helps to keep the skaters' fees as low as possible. Funds raised are used to offset our costs, ice rental being the largest expense. All programs offered by PPSC are subsidized through BC Gaming Grants and other fundraisers, and since all members benefit, everyone is expected to participate.
- SPECIAL EVENTS. It is imperative that all members contribute in the planning and staging of Club special events (e.g.: Ice Show, Test Day, etc.). Specific volunteers are signed up through our block system.
- Parents are not allowed on ice/in players box for insurance reasons. Also, children will respond better to instructions when left in the care of coaches.
- Please be mindful of other skaters while taking videos or pictures.
- Parents of CanSkaters must remain in the stands during your childs skate time.